Valuing Water for Sustainable Development
High-level forum hosted by Oxford University, exploring how valuing water can contribute to the Sustainable Development Goals.
7 November 2017,
Corpus Christi College,
University of Oxford
Addressing global development challenges requires valuing and managing water effectively. Achieving universal, safely managed water and sanitation by 2030 is projected to require capital expenditures of USD 114 billion per year. Investment on this scale, along with the accompanying policy reforms to achieve the UN’s Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs), can be motivated by a growing appreciation of the value of water.
The OECD Roundtable on Financing Water, UN/World Bank High Level Panel on Water, and initiatives across the developing world create a global opportunity to rethink how we value water and to take stock of rapidly changing models and approaches for financing and allocation.
Join us in Oxford, on 7 November, for a one-day forum to advance new approaches to water valuation, finance and allocation. This forum will convene enterprise, development and government partners to advance action and learning from global experiences.
Event registration is now closed.
Further event details and guidance on planning your trip to Oxford is available here.
A draft programme is now available online. Confirmed speakers include:
- Dr Fred Boltz, Managing Director for Ecosystems, Rockefeller Foundation;
- Dr Nicholas Brozovic, Associate Professor, Water for Food Institute, University of Nebraska – Lincoln;
- Dr Richard Damania, Global Lead Economist, Water Global Practice, World Bank.
- Kathleen Dominique, Environmental Economist, OECD
- Prof Michael Hanemann, Professor of Environmental and Resource Economics, University of California – Berkeley;
- Prof Cameron Hepburn, Professor of Environmental Economics, the Institute for New Economic Thinking at the Oxford Martin
- School and Smith School of Enterprise and the Environment (SSEE), University of Oxford;
- Dr Guy Hutton, Senior Advisor WASH, UNICEF;
- Ambika Jindal, Vice President, Sustainable Finance, ING;
- Dr Xavier Leflaive, Water Team Lead, OECD;
- Dr Nathanial Matthews, Programme Director, Global Resilience Partnership;
- Stuart Orr, Freshwater Practice Lead, WWF-International;
- Henk Ovink, Special Envoy International Water Affairs, Government of the Netherlands;
- Jennifer Sara, Director, Water Global Practice, World Bank.
If you have any further questions about this forum contact email@example.com.
Supported by the Forum of Federations.